We are embedded in the financial and regulatory community and frequently collaborate on various matters with key industry leaders. Financial sector is one of the most active and important sector within our business. We are frequent speakers on various sector conferences and events and follow the industry trends on daily basis. We were also involved in drafting some of the key regulations governing the industry.
As an exclusive provider of Simmons & Simmons’ award-wining Navigator online service we cover share disclosure and securities sections for the Republic of Croatia. This keeps us within the loop of industry developments and understand the products financial institutions deal with, the time constraints they experience and the regulatory pressures they are under and use this to provide clients with tailored, commercial and cost-effective advice.
Our clients include major international and domestic banks, funds, asset managers, insurers, financial intermediaries, brokers etc.
The sector is supported by manpower across every practice of the firm, meaning we are able to provide a full service offering: from advising on transactional banking and regulatory work through to dispute resolution.
- Advising an international payment institution in relation to crypto assets transactions, licensing and registration issues and applicable restrictive measures (sanctions);
- Advising Crypto.com in relation to a provision of products in the Croatian market, including on licensing obligations, AML procedures, e-money issues etc.;
- Advising Barclaycard in relation to product offering in Croatia, including on privacy matters, licensing issue, AML issues, sanctions etc;
- Advising Numis on Brexit implications relevant to providing custody services to Croatian clients;
- Advising Ziglu.io in relation to licensing issues;
- Advising Barclays Bank in relation to provision of payment services in Croatia;
- Advising Mastercard in relation to various matters including but not limited to PSD2 issues; licensing issues, structuring a project with with PayPal etc.
- Advising Deutsche Bank in relation to provision of banking and investment services in Croatia;
- Advising Unicredit bank in relation to providing investment services in Croatia;
- Advising an UK company in relation to the payment guarantee received from a guarantor, a Croatian bank pursuant to ICC uniform rules for demand guarantees 758;
- Advising a client, an Australian bank in relation to corporate guarantees received from a Croatian company;
- Advising an international asset manager in relation to various agreements with a paying agent located in Croatia;
- Advising an international bank in relation to the offerings of financial instruments in the Croatian market;
- Advising an American hedge fund in relation to an acquisition of a company listed on Zagreb Stock Exchange;
- Advising a leading international asset managers on passporting issues;
- Advising a leading American hedge fund in relation to MIFID II regulation and implementation;
- Advising an international hedge fund in relation to CHF denominated loans in Croatia and potential litigation;
- Advising a leading German asset manager on various capital markets matters;
- Advising an international bank in relation to the derivatives tax issues and regulatory issues;
- Advising a Slovenian client in relation to financing energy projects located in Croatia;
- Advising a leading international fund manager on marketing requirements and related regulatory issues;
- Advising a leading international bank in relation to marketing securities in Croatia;
- Advising an international bank in relation to NPL’s and debt collection matters;
- Advising a Russian bank on loan documentation and corporate finance matters;
- Advising a PE fund in relation to their acquisition in Croatia;
- Advising a Croatian power plant developer on project financing;
- Advising an international bank on ISDA documentation issues;
- Advising a corporate client in relation to corporate finance and capital markets matters;
- Advising an investment company on structuring a pay-day loans business in Croatia;
- Advising an international development bank in relation to corporate finance documentation;
- Advising a real estate developer in relation to project finance matters;